Friday, September 24, 2010

Sneak Peek at Next Week

TGIF!  We are going to a potluck tonight, and I'm bringing along a fall version of Marion Burros' famous plum torte, with apples and cranberries instead of plums.  I can't wait to try it!  My mom made that plum torte a lot when I was growing up, and I have VERY fond memories of it.  I'll let you know how it goes.

So, here's what else we're looking forward to eating around here!
- Breakfast for Dinner: Egg McMuffin sandwiches
- Bacon and Cheese Panini
- Hearty Minestrone Soup with Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
- Parmesan Burgers served with Spinach, Bacon, and Egg Salad

Anyone else have any good plans?

4 comments:

  1. Do share the recipe for the tort! I've been trying to think of fun things to do with apples (beyond the obvious pies and sauce). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear more about your torte...it sounds delicious. And I love reading your previews for the week. The soup and breadsticks sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I cannot WAIT until you post that torte! I have some cranberries that I need to use up. This week sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete