Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sneak Peek at Next Week

One more work day till the long weekend!  Anyone doing anything fun?  We are staying at a B&B in Saratoga, and hanging out in both Saratoga and the Albany, NY area, which is, coincidentally, where I grew up.  I am so excited!  It is beautiful there this time of year.  I am hoping to get a little more apple picking in -- at Indian Ladder Farms, where I went growing up.  They have the best cider doughnuts.  My husband has never had a cider doughnot, can you believe that?  So I am taking him to get the best of the best!

Here's what we'll be eating when we get back...along with a lot of apples, I hope!

-- Spaghetti alla Carbonara
-- Fast French Onion Soup
-- African Chicken Stew with Couscous
-- Roasted Pears, Walnut, and Goat Cheese on a Green Salad

6 comments:

  1. I have never been apple picking and this weekend my friends and I are planning a little trip! I love making carbonara and I'm looking forward to your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we're going to get to go apple picking this year. :-( But I've been taking advantage of all the sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm camping down on the French Onion Soup. I adore adore French Onion soup, but it always takes so much work and time. I can't wait to see your fast and easy version. I will likely be making it next weekend. Thanks for sharing...and enjoy apple picking for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I come here to see your menu almost every week and just sit here drooling. I can't wait to see that African stew. Have fun apple picking! One of my favorite pastimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued by African chicken stew! Sounds like you guys have a tasty week coming up :) Enjoy upstate NY... I have to work on a grant part of the weekend and then am off to a wedding in Maine. should be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm,everything sounds so delicious. i am particularly intrigued by your fast french onion soup and the african chicken stew. please share! i have fallen off the meal planning wagon and have totally been feeling the effects. not cool. but i am coming back this week - possibly stealing your entire menu :) have a great week!

    ReplyDelete