I get so excited for fall flavors every year! Apples, pears, cranberries, cinnamon, squash, pumpkin...I love them all. Really, I can't get enough! This pumpkin bread is a great way to get your pumpkin in. It is very light, but you wouldn't know that from tasting it! It has a great moist texture, and the pumpkin and spices blend perfectly. This is perfect with a nice cup of Rooibos tea -- my favorite.
Spiced Pumpkin Bread
(yields 1 9X5 loaf, 12-18 slices)
source: Cook Healthy Cook Quick
2 cups sifted cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a 9x5 baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine the first 8 ingredients (flour through cloves) in a medium bowl.
3. Combine pumpkin and next 4 ingredients (through eggs). Add to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
4. Spoon batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, than turn out to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.